Thursday, December 4, 2008

Illuminated Bible


A news post on yahoo caught my eye about a new Bible that is being marketed. Intrigued I got sent to a NPR link on two new revisions of the Bible, one called the Bible Illuminated - which is more of a coffee table Bible complete with glossy pictures. The second being more eco-friendly and called The Green Bible. I am not sure how I feel about these new re-vamps, although I distinctly recall using a "teenage" Bible growing up that had pictures and drew references to lifestyle changes that could correlate to passages. I don't see any real problem with doing a new re-styling as long as the text itself remains the same. In an increasingly green and flashy world the Bible has manged throughout time to continue to be the one of the best sellers...is it the Bible moving into the new age with us or is it just another marketing ploy to appeal to a new generation of image and eco-friendly conscious individuals? And more importantly does it matter?

Next time I am around a book shop I will definitely have to check them out - as I am extremely intrigued...




Additionally the Bible Illuminated has a website: http://bibleilluminated.com/

As well as The Green Bible: http://greenletterbible.com/


No comments: