Sunday, December 14, 2008

Randomness...

I haven't posted in what seems like forever. As finals week slowly takes over my life here are just some quick things that have caught my attention lately...

Start Cooking's Lasagna Recipe - I L-O-V-E this website (http://www.startcooking.com/), they have some of the best tips for people like me who don't know the difference between "boil" and "simmer." My latest favorite (and one I have personally made now, twice!) is the lasagna. Here's the video but be sure to check out the rest of the website, they also have a podcast via iTunes that's really cool as well:


So I am a complete dork - and have now turned on two people (maybe three) at my workplace to reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman (if you haven't you really should). I wasn't able to attend his guest lecture at MIT over the past year and was really bummed, but apparently they taped it and it will be available on DVD quite soon (http://www.newenglandcomics.com/cgi-bin/shop/search.cgi?user_id=19675&database=tick.csv&template=details.htm&0_option=1&0=NGJSDVD01)

Continuing with the dork theme - lastly two movies are coming out that solidify my being geek. Star Trek and Terminator Salvation so completely excited - I included the videos for both as well below:



I still have yet to do my Christmas shopping and the time is swiftly passing (which I know thanks to two handy advent calendars) so hopefully I'll post again soon with Christmas shopping stuff.

No comments: