Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hephaestus

I had the opportunity last week to catch the play Hephaestus, now showing at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago. As a fairly recent Chicago resident, I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing this performance when they were last in the windy city. Needless to say I was impressed...


The full title of this amazing play is Hephaestus: A Greek Mythology Circus Tale, the title of which pretty much sums up the entire performance. Think traditional Greek mythology tale combined with the Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil. The performance was breathtaking, from the actors, to the circus acts, to the music...it was absolutely beautiful. I cannot rave about/recommend going to see this if you haven't already.

For more information check out the Goodman Theatre website at
http://www.goodmantheatre.org/


Next on my list of plays I want to see is Fuerza Bruta: Look Up, check out the trailer for it below along with the trailer for Hephaestus.

Hephaestus: A Greek Mythology Circus Tale


Fuerza Bruta



No comments: