Wednesday, October 27, 2010

City of Bones

Enhanced by Zemanta


My family recently came up for a visit and I was gifted with the first three books in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series.  I just finished the first book, "City of Bones" and needless to say I'm hooked.  I still haven't finished the "Hunger Games" series and I also just obtained the new Nicholas Spark's book ("Safe Haven"), the pile continues to grow...

But back to "City of Bones."  The story is about a girl named Clary who following an incident at a nightclub gets drawn into the world of the Shadowhunters.  This world is populated by vampires, warewolves, fairies, witches, and all sorts of magical creatures.  While the story isn't terribly original (teenager finds out that they are actually a lot cooler than they thought they were and that there is a magical world), the way it is carried out is.  The book is oddly compelling, I find myself extremely happy that I have two more books to go and that Clare just started a new series...

No comments: