Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Despicable Me




One of my resolutions for this year is to attack the growing list of movies I want to watch.  While I would love to say my academics accounts for my lack of viewing, frankly I find it difficult after a long day of work to sit and actively watch a full length feature.  Needless to say I am trying, so here it goes...

Despicable Me
Summary:  This animated feature follows Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), an aging super-villain, in his attempts to steal the moon.  As part of the plan, Gru adopts three orphans as a means of stealing a competing villain's shrink ray.  As time passes Gru starts to become more enchanted with the three young girls leading to all kinds of trouble in his attempts at becoming the worlds best villain.

Thoughts:  I loved this movie.  As a big fan of animated comedies, this movie really hit the ball out of the park.  The plot was entertaining and emotional, which is perfect as I feel sometimes movies of this caliber can focus too much on the special effects of animation and fail to focus on actual plot.  Additionally the movie was funny - the kind of funny that the whole family can enjoy.  I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Shrek, Ice Age, or any of the Disney Pixar films, as this tends to run along the same veins.  Overall, I'd say a definite must!
Enhanced by Zemanta

The movie: Despicable MeImage by h2kyaks via Flickr

No comments: