Sunday, August 10, 2008

More than just pants...



The 16-year old girl in me was absolutely giddy at the idea of going to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 in theatres this weekend. I managed to miss the rain drops and get into a seven o'clock showing of the chick flick sequel. While the movie itself was just as cheesy and feel good as the first one there was one thing that caught my eye...the fashion!

I absolutely adored the clothes, hair, makeup, and jewlery of all the characters. Here is a bit of my breakdown of the movie:


Blake Lively: While this girl has been the talk of the town with Gossip Girl her start was definitely the pants series.


Playing Bridget:The movie showcased Bridget as she discovered more about her mother and her family through the help of her long-lost grandmother.






Piece of jewlery I loved in the movie: Bridget's wishbone necklace. While I am not entirely sure about who made the one that Lively wears in the movie the Dogeared Wishbone necklace is quite similar looking (pictured above). It can be found at http://www.dogeared.com/ (picture from website)


Alexis Bledel: I miss Gilmore Girls! My TV sarcasm meter hasn't been the same since this show has gone off air

Playing Lena: Lena ends up going to RISD to study art and still can't get her mind off of that Greek boy...








Piece I absolutely loved:During a scene with Kostos Bledel wears an absolutely adorable blue and white striped dress. It felt a bit nautical and added a bit of pizazz to the character's wardrobe up until that point. (picture http://sisterhoodofthetravelingpants2.warnerbros.com/)



America Ferrera: Ugly Betty this girl is definitely not. I loved her in Real Women Have Curves and am excited to see her get more publicity for the work she does.


Playing Carmen: While she most likely wishes she could fade into the background sometimes, Carmen finally gets her chance to be in the spotlight!


What I absolutely adored: The hair and makeup! Love the loose waves and the dewy makeup that they did on her...looked fantastic! (check her out in the main picture at the top of the post---picture from yahoo movies -- www.yahoo.com)
Amber Tamblyn:Don't know much about her. I vaguely remmber watching Joan of Arcadia years ago...
Playing Tibby: Apparently she has been with Brian (Dragon Slayer player from the first movie) for a bit and their relationship goes through ups and downs as the movie plays out.
What I liked: The earrings. A pair of black tangle hoops with a crocheted like feel to them, dyed black. I have a similar pair in silver from H & M
While the movie was ever bit as sappy as I hoped for, the fashion was absolutely fantastic!

No comments: