Saturday, August 2, 2008

Watchmen

So I can honestly say that I cannot wait for the Watchmen movie to come out. The more I read about this graphic novel by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons, the more I can't wait to see it on the big screen. I am always a sucker when it comes to bigscreen adaptations of graphic novels, but this one has me intrigued mainly due to its high fan following and accolades.

I enjoy reading graphic novels from time to time, but pick them usually with great care as they tend to be more expensive than regular paperback books. Finding a good selection at most stores is somewhat hard to do, although I did see this one shelved in Newbury Comics collection of graphic novels. It was priced around $20 there, but is set on Amazon (
http://www.amazon.com/) at around $10.

I think this will be my next read. Its huge fan following aside, I am more intrigued by the darker and more psychological elements that fans and critics have professed this graphic novel contains. As a psychology major and a fan of the genre in general this intrigues me and I hope to read it before the movie comes out next year.

Here is the trailer for the movie, either way it looks absolutely incredible. (Aside: the music in the trailer is "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" by Smashing Pumpkins - but according to a byte (who knows accuracy sometimes) on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/) it was reworked a bit specifically for the trailer- nice song though and fits great with the mood of the trailer!)


No comments: