Friday, September 26, 2008

The Melting Pot

So in the midst of this rainy afternoon full of debating I managed to make it out to The Melting Pot with the roommate. I wont like I was intrigued mainly because I had seen it on The Girls Next Door. Also the premise of the restaurant (fondue!) had me intrigued.

Upon arriving at the restaurant we were told the wait would be about 45 minutes (looking around at the empty tables I was a bit skeptical...but never the less did as the hostess instructed and sat at the bar to order a drink. No sooner had the drinks arrived than a table magically appeared for us to sit at. The food was pricey, but good. We split an artichoke and spinach fondue pot, each had salads, and split the Ying/Yang fondue dessert.

My opinion: The food was a bit pricey for fondue, though it was very good and fresh (they mix the food at your table). I did like that I got an unlimited amount of dippers, but the food was still a bit pricey. The ruse to get us to get drinks at the bar before being seated was a bit much, as well as the somewhat pretentiousness of the restaurant itself (what appeared to be the manager carried our drinks over herself to one of the empty tables). That being said I highly enjoyed the concept and would recommend going. The appetizer of fondue was more than enough to fill two grown women and the dessert selection was very good.

Check it out:
The Melting Pot
www.meltingpot.com
76 Arlington Street
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
Boston-Back Bay, MA 02116
617-357-7007
Check website for menu, directions, and hours

No comments: