Saturday, October 11, 2008

Coraline

I don't think I had posted about this movie yet so here it goes...

Neil Gaiman (one of my fave authors) just recently did a movie with Tim Burton (Nightmare Before Christmas) for his children's book Coraline. They have the new website up at Focus Features(http://www.filminfocus.com/focusfeatures/film/coraline/), complete with creepy images. So while I haven't read the book, I am a fan of both Gaiman and Burton so hopefully will get around to seeing it when it comes out in 2009.

The plot revolves around a girl named Coraline (voiced by Dakota Fanning) who discontent with her world discovers a alternative world through a door in her house. Now this world is perfect (somewhat creepy perfect) and is inhabited by alternative versions of the characters in the real world (ie Coraline's parents). But of course there is always a catch...the alternative mother is actually creepy and wants to keep her in this "other" world and give her button eyes (like the other mother and other father).

I have seen still shots and videos of the movie and as a 23 year old I am equally fascinated (by the incredible stop motion animation) and scared of the story. So check it out, I cannot be the only one who has seen The Nightmare Before Christmas religiously every year around this time...still in complete awe.

No comments: