Saturday, October 11, 2008

Teatro

For my 23rd birthday my friends took me out to a restaurant called Teatro in Boston right near the commons. Needless to say all of us left extremely impressed. This Italian restaurant is situated near Emerson's radio station and the AMC movie theatre on the Boston Common. I had passed it a few times before, but it always seemed busy and too fancy for my type of dinning.

We caught the tail end of the theatre crowd leaving so we went at an opportune time (8pm). I highly recommend going after the theatre rush or making reservations as it was clearly the spot to go to within walking distance of the shows. Our waiter was extremely helpful and prompt. The drinks we chose were fantastic. My friends particularly raved about the sangria. The food was excellent as was the deserts. The restaurant serves both full and half plate meals, but keep in mind that the half plates are extremely small as they expect that to be served more with a four course meal.

The atmosphere was great. Not too big, but not too small. There was a small bar to the beginning of the restaurant which got a bit crowded, but not too bad. The lighting was fantastic. A light blue throughout the restaurant gave the feeling of mood lighting without the harsh glare of white lights. I also must mention how clean everything was. Now normally I wouldn't rave, but we were able to witness a vacated table being prepared and not only did they wipe it down they showered it with soap and actually cleaned it! I have been to many restaurants in my time, but I have yet to see this.

The only real downside I had to this restaurant were the bathrooms. Single bathrooms with only one for the women. As you can image the lines got somewhat outrageous.

My final verdict: Definitely check this place out. Great Italian food not in the North End and situated in the perfect location for before or after a show. If you plan on going to a show after make sure you make reservations.

Teatro
http://www.teatroboston.com
Reservations can be made at Open Table for this Restaurant

No comments: