Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Microsoft Surface

Technology is certainly something that alludes me. Being somewhat computer illiterate I find myself at odds with the new gizmos that come out each year. One thing that caught my eye is Microsoft Surface. A co-worker mentioned this at work and I was immediately intrigued by the possibilities. Apparently a lot of people have been talking about this product lately. According to wikipedia its a multi-touch system from Microsoft. The screen is like a computer (in capability), but allows you to touch the screen. Not sounding too technologically advanced....let me continue.

What is amazing is what you can do with the touch screen. Uses include in restaurants where just placing your credit card on the screen you can pay for the meal. It also allows you to touch and switch around what food/beverages purchases can be paid on each card. By using one's phone and placing it on the screen you can view your photos. If another person places their phone on the table you can exchange photos and pick which ones you want to share. So cool!

Here's a promo video:

Needless to say I am quite impressed! There are more videos available at www.microsoft.com/surface

No comments: