Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wow

I cannot believe that as I am writing this our new President-elect is Barack Obama. He will be the 442nd President of the United States of America. I am in shock that in my lifetime I was able to see such a historical event. The crowds in Chicago were absolutely terrific (loved the shot of a tearful Oprah). As a Boston gal...this whole city was on pins and needles hoping that the rest of the country voted the same. Obama's speech was amazing and so hopeful. I truly believe he will be a great President...he has already changed history!

McCain speech was particularly moving as well. While I did not personally support him, I believe that McCain truly wants what is best for America (and while I am sure he is disappointed)...and right now that is Barack Obama.

Needless to say this political race was one for the history books. I feel like enough attention to the campaign was good to help get America out of a political apathy. Helping people (and especially young people) care about what goes on in politics and the world was really an important part of this election season. I cannot wait to see what the next four years bring!

No comments: