Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Run

So being that I lack a radio and am therefore completely disconnected from anything new that hits the airwaves, my friend alerted me to the fact that Leona Lewis did a cover of Snow Patrol's "Run." I am not entirely sure how I feel about this version. Particularly the ending with the added choir of voices. I felt the original had a bit more (for lack of a better word) deeper sound to it, while Lewis's cover was a bit too poppy for my taste. In the original the crescendo toward the end is just fantastic (just this swell of music), while in Lewis's version I feel the choir (which replaces a lot of this musical crescendo from the original) takes away from the song. That being said, if I had never heard the original I don't know if I would feel the same way.

Here are both the original and the cover:



No comments: