Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Road

Right now I am currently on a Cormac McCarthy kick. Currently I am reading Outer Dark and continue to be astounded. For me the best part about reading McCarthy's books is that he depicts the landscapes with such depth that you feel like you are there. The last book of his I finished was The Road. An apocalyptic thriller that they have made into a movie starring Viggo Mortensen. The book was very dark and the subject material intense, so I was a little skeptical that they could pull off a movie version. Charlize Theron is cast as the wife and Kodi Smit-McPhee is cast as the boy. The trailer is promising. I am wondering how much Theron is in the movie as she is featured pretty prominently in the trailer, while her character in the book is only shown in flashbacks.

Here's the trailer, can't wait:


No comments: