Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Success is falling nine times and getting up ten" - Jon Bon Jovi

So the great start to 2010 has been a bit side tracked by a recent visit to my local ER. While I admit going to a Chicago ER is something that I hadn't done prior to living here, it wasn't a goal I was aiming to complete. Needless to say I am somewhat bed (or at least apartment) bound for the next few days after taking quite a spill on a patch of ice. This leaves me with the perfect amount of time to catch up on movies and mind numbing Internet surfing, as the medication leaves little in the way of allowing me to actually concentrate. Here are a few things that made me quite happy in the last few days...

  1. Bradley Cooper - yes I finally got around to watching The Hangover and I'll admit...I loved it! I found it hilarious and in the process grew to develop a wonderful celeb crush on Cooper, whose recent ads for the A-Team movie have featured him and his prominent abs wonderfully. Check out Coopers abs and the rest of the team in the A-Team movie trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTP9VR1DfQ
  2. Brunette and Pink - I love reading blogs, and this is one of my new favorites to read. Beauty and fashion dominate here, and everything is easily accessible for those of us (like me) who love to look fashionable but don't necessary have the gene (or the wallet) for looking like Angelina on a daily basis. Check out the blog at: http://brunetteandpink.blogspot.com
  3. Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows by Urban Decay - with Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland helping to build the hype up for all things Alice, Urban Decay also pays homage with their newest collection. I saw a picture of the set and fell in love. Not only is there a great set of eye shadows, but the box also features a pop-up-scene of Alice. Its a limited release so I am hoping I can snag one before they are all gone. Check it out at www.urbandecay.com
  4. Steampunk - while searching through websites for ideas in which to decorate my apartment I came across the concept of Steampunk and absolutely fell in love. Steampunk decor is a combination of vintage/Victorian and metal (gears, clock parts, etc.). Etsy (www.etsy.com) has a ton of steampunk inspired artists and a great website to check out is The Steampunk Home (http://thesteampunkhome.blogspot.com) for some great ideas.

No comments: