Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Rum Diary


The Rum Diary - Hunter S. Thompson


Last year I picked up this book on a trip to Florida and couldn't put it down. I had already read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas a few years before and figured for the flight down...why not? Needless to say this book still sits proudly on my shelf as one of my favorites. It definitely is a literary accomplishment as Thompson at the time was only 22 years old when he wrote it. And just like the title suggests it definitely has a lot of alcohol in it. The progression of the narrator through the entire book is largely the reason I gravitated toward this book.


Why do I bring this up now? Because, like every other great book, they are making a movie out of it. According to the Internet Movie Database it will be starring Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, and Aaron Eckhart. Needless to say I am intrigued...hopefully they will do this movie justice.

No comments: