Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taken


Taken staring Liam Neeson as an ex-government agent, had me on the edge of my seat the entire movie.



Synopsis: Liam Neeson stars as Bryan Mills, a retired government agent who is trying to connect to his teenage daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace). While trying to adjust to slow pace of domestic life he also must contend with his ex-wife, who still resents the amount of time he spent away from their family while he was married. The start of the movie really begins when Kim decides she wants to travel around Europe with her friend. *Small spoiler* During the trip Kim gets kidnapped by some unidentified men. Being the overly protective parent that he is Bryan goes to Europe to rescue his daughter and seek revenge on those who kidnapped her.




I am slightly biased as I truely like Neeson as an actor. It was a little odd to see him in such an action heavy role. Picture Jason Bourne, but several years older. The actions scenes were exactly what I come to expect of an intelligent action film these days - dark and realistic (in the movie sense). The plot of the film itself (why Kim was kidnapped) is extremely heavy and I will not spoil it for anyone (you can wikipedia it if you really want to know). Needless to say I am surprised that this only warranted a PG-13 rating instead of an R.


I highly recommend seeing this film if you are a fan of the dark, more educated action flicks that seem to be popping up lately. If that doesn't persuade you it took #1 in the box office (topping that mall cop movie) and I went to a sold out showing.


Check out the trailer:


No comments: