Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book Haul




I will admit I faced my local Borders closing sale with both excitement and sadness.  While I loved the huge savings that I got, there is a certain amount of sadness that comes from watching a book store close down.  That being said I definitely went all out, justifying my large purchase (around $100) on stress, the huge bargain, and the fact that books are generally considered a good thing to splurge on!

Below is what I bought, and some mild justification for buying what I did:

  • Neil Gaiman - "The Books of Magic" - the graphic novel, one of my favorite authors
  • Anthony Bourdain - "A Cook's Tour" - loved, loved, loved "Kitchen Confidential"
  • Madeleine L'Engle - "A Wrinkle in Time" - one of my favorite books
  • Darlene D. Pedersen - "Psych Notes: Clinical Pocket Guide" - I'm a psych graduate students, I justify this as a school expense
  • Bill Bryson - "A Walk in the Woods" - I've been eyeing this book for years since seeing it on a friend's shelf
  • Sergel Lukyanenko - "Night Watch" - I'll seriously be kicking myself if I find I love this book and didn't get the others in the series at a discount
  • Pocket Posh Logic - a book full of logic puzzles, which I love to do on planes, neatly concealed in a pretty cover which makes it appear a lot cooler than it really is
  • Archaeology Magazine - this issue has stuff on lost wrecks and frankly I'm a sucker for underwater archaeology
  • Gothic Beauty Magazine - I have no way to really justify this purchase it just looked pretty cool, and I love the Gothic styling
  • SFX Magazine - why oh why is this a UK magazine and thus is definitely jacked up in price for a subscription, seriously tempted to just hit the submit and buy button for this magazine - absolutely in love
Enhanced by Zemanta

Books in the Douglasville, Georgia Borders store.Image via Wikipedia

No comments: