Monday, January 19, 2009

History...

History is one of those funny things. There's people's life history, the history of a peoples, the history of people, the history of the world, etc. Well today (1/20/09) history is going to be made.

Personally I look across my own short life history and it seems I have lived through and seen so much - new millennium, war (2x), September 11...and now I have lived to see the first African American male become President of the United States. Not only do I feel such pride to be an American, but also to be apart of change. The America I pray for continually strives to achieve better, is not happy with mediocre, does not accept inequalities, and supports everyone's voice regardless of social or economic status. A country that tries to improve upon its problems.

No country, society, or even individual is without fault. The problems lie when there is no strive for change. I hope and pray for change in this country (and the world) for the better.

1/20/09 History is going to be made...I can feel the change in the air already and I am embracing it

No comments: