Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thank You for Smoking

I recently had the opportunity to watch/purchase one of my favorite movies for class, Jason Reitman's Thank You for Smoking.

Brief Synopsis: Nick Naylor (Aaron Eckhart...quickly becoming one of my favorite actors) is a lobbyist for the tobacco industry. His ability to charm the media is quickly established as he entertains a crowd on the Joan London show, somehow winning them over despite the shows obvious objective being that the tobacco company. Somehow Nick's take on defending one of most hated industries in the country makes for great comedic performances.

There are additional great performances by William H. Macy, J.K. Simmons, Rob Lowe, Katie Holmes, Maria Bello, and David Koechner.

Seriously one of my favorite movies, mainly because of its educated humor and seriously good story line. If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. I am not doing this movie any justice so here is the trailer.


No comments: