Sunday, January 18, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix....

So apparently Joaquin Phoenix (star of Walk the Line) has not only decided to quite acting but to go into music...specifically rapping. Now I'm all for people branching out into their artistic fields and discovering new aspects of their creativity, but Joaquin as a rap artist just doesn't seem to go together. New pictures of Phoenix as a musician show him sporting quite the beard along with a slightly "fully figure." There are plenty of actors who attempted to go into music and crashed and burned horribly so I am all for rooting for this talented individual ---I just was not expecting the genre to be rap.

Additionally his brother-in-law Casey Affleck is going to documentary Phoenix's foray into the music world. So in case I miss his live performances or continue to doubt how serious he is about acting there will be DVD proof soon of his commitment. I give it a good year before I get to see him back on the big screen, but in the mean time it will be interesting to see what he has to offer the music world.
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090116/film_nm/us_affleck;_ylt=AnnLzGxe.VvK8T98.Tr3u6ZxFb8C)

No comments: