Thursday, March 12, 2009

Serious Jet Lag


I am seriously considering scrapping this whole psychology profession and seeing if I can get a job at the Travel Channel. I feel like this last month I have been in Boston a total of a week. Needless to say I am beat and more than just a little jet lagged. It becomes pretty bad when one can cite word for word the entire speech on safety given out before every Jet Blue flight...


I am currently hanging out in Berkeley, California for yet another interview and am looking forward to a 7am flight out of San Francisco (boo!). While it is no secret that CA is not my favorite state to visit I wish I had a bit more time to go explore San Francisco. Berkeley is a very college town (reminding me of the BC area a bit) but its overall a really nice area.


There are so many restaurants here it becomes a bit of a challenge picking just one. I did manage to visit a great Italian restaurant called Venezia which I highly reccomend. It was a bit unfortunate for me that I visited on one of their wine days so I was unable to get seated anywhere else but the bar area, I highly reccomend reservations! I did manage to get a peak at the main dinning area and I must admit it is quite beautiful. Its set up so that it looks like an outside cafe in Italy, complete fountain, clothes hanging on a line, and fake birds! The food was extremely good and moderately priced. The menu is online and is set up for each day. I ordered a potato soup, homemade ravioli with pesto sauce, and tiramisu. For a drink I had a Hibiscus Rum Sour which was fabulous. Service was fabulous and prompt (keep in mind again I was in the bar area) despite the high traffic due to it being a special wine dinnner night there. I highly reccomend checking out this restaurant if you are in the area. (http://caffevenezia.com/)


If I could do it all again I would definitely spend a bit more time in San Francisco - if not just to visit Alcatraz which I was surprised to hear you could do a formal tour of this infamous prison. (http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/) I guess I will just have to wait for next time...


I plan on making a trip out to Chicago again soon so I hope to be a bit more touristy on this trip. As I was feeling pretty under-the-weather on this trip I didn't get to sightsee as much as I would have liked.


Speaking of travel I did manage to catch the later half of Bridget's Sexiest Beaches on the Travel Channel and absolutely love it! As a big fan of both The Girls Next Door and the Travel Channel I was happy to hear that Bridget was getting her own show. Any fan of the GND will know that Bridget was always the most up for traveling and adventure so it seems like a perfect match. The title is a bit of a turn off, but after getting over that I feel like most people will be pleasantly surprised. The first episode in Australia was great. What drew me in was not only hostess bubbly personality but also her willingness to try things that the ordinary traveler wouldn't (or doesn't know about). If you can get over the pervocative title and scantily clad hostess than I suggest checking it out.


Well I hope to be back on the east coast soon and have decided that for my last few months left in Boston I should probably try on being a tourist in my own city. There are so many things I haven't gotten a chance to do in the last few years and I want to see them all before I leave. With the recession I feel this is the perfect time to make the most of what's in my own back yard in terms of sightseeing.

No comments: