Thursday, March 26, 2009

United States of Tara


My co-workers introduced me to the United States of Tara today - and needless to say I am hooked. A Showtime original show stars Toni Collette as Tara a woman who suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID - previously Multiple Personality Disorder). She has several alter personalities including a raunchy teenager, a fifty-ish style housewife, and a man. Adding to this chaos is Tara's rebellious teenage daughter and son. John Corbett plays Tara's husband Max, extremely patient and loving - he is the stable support in the family. Tara's promiscuous sister rounds out the immediate cast. At the center of the show is the continued search for the reason for Tara's split into her alters. If you haven't checked out this show I highly recommend it.

You can check out Showtime's link here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this show also! I'm upset I have to wait until 2010!

UNITED STATES OF TARA LOVER said...

hey! i just found an opportunity for a WALK ON ROLE on the show!!! http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_verticalngo.asp?slrid=14