Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wishing for Remain Motionless

I literally have not stopped moving for the past two weeks. Between midterms, spring break, and traveling for grad school interviews I feel like I am in a constant state of motion. That being said here are a few cool things that came to my attention in the past few weeks....

Voges Chocolate
This amazing chocolate store houses just about anything dipped in chocolate. I first became aware of them during a flight when I watched a Food Network special on chocolate. I was especially intrigued by their bacon/chocolate bar (which is great by the way), so when I got the chance to check out one of their stores in Las Vegas recently I was floored to see that bacon/chocolate was nowhere near the weirdest/deliscious thing on the menu. Wasabi, chili, curry...anything you name it they have managed to wrap it in chocolate and in such a way that you forget whats in it and just enjoy how great it tastes. Check them out at: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

The Odditorium
Curtosy of the new Lola that I picked up while wandering the streets of Boston, apparently resident snake charmer Zehara Nachash will be performing on March 20th at the YMCA Theatre. In addition there will sideshows, vaudeville theatre, belly dancing, conjurors, and Eight Corner Globe (http://eightcornerglobe.com/) There's a full list of set of performers on Nachash's website on the Odditorium: http://www.zehara.com/odditorium.html Additionally here is a quick video about the event




Needless to say I'm kinda bummed I can't go....

Shepard Fairey: Supply & Demand at the ICA
I have honestly been dying to get out the ICA, but just haven't for some reason or another. Finally I have a great excuse. Once again Lola (love this free magazine, definitely check it out if you haven't already) informed me that the man responsible for the red, white, and blue hope posters of the President has his first solo exhibit. Can't wait to check it out.

I am starting to make a list of all the things I haven't done in Boston to prepare for moving out of the city and the ICA definitely falls on that list. Hopefully by the time summer starts and I'm into completing it I will have my camera back to document it all in glorious color, till then I will have to rely on imagination only.

Finally as I prepare to sleep/nap for the next few hours before yet another trip across the country I leave you with a few of my favorite new websites:
  • www.fmylife.com - life is humorous you might as well get a good laugh out of it
  • http://thisissand.com - its an interesting and something to waste a good five minutes here and there
  • www.exboyfriendjewelry.com/ - the title says it all, sell back all the crap from your failed relationships take all the hard earned cash (that's right you heard me, HARD EARNED) and spend it on something nice for yourself
  • www.blurb.com - nice books you can make by yourself and in some cases sell to others
  • www.modelinia.com - a website about models how original you say....wrong! While its a newer website and still has its fair share of kinks to work out it definitely delievers my dose of fashion/model craving I get every once in a while.

Well hopefully I will be writing again soon - sorry this post is so jumbled, hopefully I will have more time to devote to this blog as my journeys across country end as well as my time here in Boston. Nothing but the best to everyone!

No comments: