Monday, March 15, 2010

10 Things I Hate About You

In such a girlie mood:

I recently re-watched "10 Things I Hate About You," I had forgotten how much I absolutely love this movie (don't even get me started on the television show). A more modern take of Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew," the movie plays on every teen stereotype and cliche that seemed to penetrate the late nineties.

What I had mainly forgotten was how funny the movie was and how great of a soundtrack it has. Letters to Cleo's cover of Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me," was in heavy rotation at the time this movie appeared in theaters (and I suppose after tonight's showing it will be again pounding through my headphones at the gym later).

I mainly decided to write this somewhat insomniac-driven post because of one of my favorite scenes. The car scene between Bianca (Larisa Oleynik) and Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, commence swooning...) when he basically calls her spoiled and then lists all the things he's done for her. The scene ends with her cutting him with a kiss, I melt....


No comments: