Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ok Go - This Too Shall Pass


So I vaguely remember having to build a mini-Rube Goldberg Machine in 9th grade as part of a science class. Sadly my foray into this scientific concept/art form was short lived as I failed to produce the desired outcome in order to pass (getting the golf ball on the tee). Not everyone is so inept at producing one of these really cool machines...case in point: the band Ok Go (one of the few bands I've seen perform live) recently put out their video for This Too Shall Pass, which (with the help of Syyn Labs) created a giant Rube Goldberg Machine. Admittedly I most likely would not have seen this had there not been so much hype surrounding the video, but found myself amazed along with the several thousand other youtube viewers. According to Syyn Lab's website it was filmed in one shot, which makes it all that more incredible.


Here is the video, definitely worth a view (side note - if you've never seen their treadmill dance that is also worth a view on youtube):

No comments: