Friday, March 12, 2010

Is it Spring Yet?


So I managed to make it out to two really cool things in Chicago this past week. One was a performance of "Bye Bye Liver," and the other was the Shedd Aquarium.

Bye Bye Liver
Part sketch comedy, part drinking game, and all alcohol. I went to this as part of a birthday celebration for a friend and ended up having a blast. The premise is that you watch some funny sketch comedy, while interspersed in between are drinking games that involve the entire audience. Its a lot of fun, especially if you get a whole group of people to go. The actors are great and really funny. Be prepared to drink and laugh a ton. You can check out their website here: www.byebyeliver.com

Shedd Aquarium
Completely different experience but also equally as fun. I'm hoping I can post a ton of pictures, as I finally decided to start using my camera. This is your typical really cool city aquarium. Great for little kids, but equally as fun for the kid-at-heart adults who find themselves wandering in on a rainy day. Be warned that the price of admission is quite steep (read: around $23 for general admission), but there are tons of discounts to be had if you ask. Me and a friend easily completed the entire aquarium in a few hours (around 3), but for those who actually read the signs/go to the show/or have small children I would dedicate at least 4 hours to completing the whole place. (www.sheddaquarium.org)

I'm so excited to finally be exploring the city a bit more!

No comments: