Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog Love - Makeup

Assorted cosmetics and toolsImage via Wikipedia

Autumn is my favorite season.  It brings with it Halloween, sweaters, candy, and my personal favorite...darker makeup.  Now I love Summer and its easy bronze shades, but nothing quite wets my palette like a nice rich plum or a dark burgundy.  There's just something about these colors that screams fall for me.  Thus I began my annual search for the perfect fall colors.  This year rather than scouring Sephora and the like (though I will admit Lancome and MAC's newest collections have more than piqued my interest) I started looking through some blogs for some lesser known makeup collections.  As I type I (according to e-mail invoices) have several makeup orders coming my way.  Here are the blogs I owe homage to in my pursuit of the perfect fall colors...

Glitter is my crack : You know one of those blogs that you find yourself hitting the button "older posts" repeatedly on?  Yeah this is one of those blogs.  Seriously fantastic makeup, not for the faint of heart...think rich colors and lots of sparkle (hence her blog title).


Confessions of a Makeup Addict : I didn't realize until several posts in that I had viewed this blogger's amazing videos on youtube for quite sometime now.  Based across the pond she does a lot of Internet based mineral makeup company reviews/swatches which is fantastic.  It was through her blog that I first heard of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, which I look forward to receiving soon. 


Pink Sith : I absolutely adore the breadth of information, and reviews on this blogger's website.  As much as I love to read about the newest lines to hit Sephora, its nice to read about other beauty related items out there


And one more for the road...

The Diary of an Indy Grrrl : While not makeup related I did have to show love to this amazing blog that I ran across in the Blogs of Note section.  This is another one of those blogs that I managed to stay on for a good hour or so.  I love movie reviews about lesser known movies, and am secretly a horror movie junkie so I appreciated all the reviews about horror movies. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: