Monday, September 27, 2010

Mail Surprises

 The Search for the Perfect Purple...



There is nothing I like better than opening my mailbox and finding something other than a bill...

Today's shipment was from Glamour Doll Eyes.  While I don't have time to go into detail about the colors (Freud calls me to read...) here are the colors I got (all sample sizes in jars).  All descriptions are from the Glamour Dolls website

  • Mood Swing: "This color is a greyish blue with some shimmer."
  • Premonition: "This color is a gorgeous dark greyish lavender."
  • Shaded Orchid: "...a dark purple color."
  • Girlfriend Sweater: "...a gorgeous matte dark purple."
I also got two free samples of Masquerade ("a very unique blend of black and purple") and Backstabber ("unique bend of black and green").  The package was sent to me in a bubble package and also included some Glamour Doll Eye shadow cards and sticker.  I found shipping to be quite quick (about a week).  Shaded Orchid is described as an "unblended pigment" and I appreciated that this was very clear when I purchased the samples.  Both Premonition and Mood Swing were part of the 'Twi-Shadow' collection, as I can't resist something named for two of my favorite Twilight characters (Alice and Jasper respectfully). 

I also enjoyed the fact that I could purchase an unlimited amount of samples, which I like as I hate committing to a full size unless I can see the color in person.  An example of this is Masquerade whose picture on the website appears more pink to me, while in person it appears to look more like a dark purple. 

While I haven't swatched/used any of the products yet so I can't speak to pigmentation/wear/etc I feel confident that this is a good start to me finding the perfect purple shade. 

No comments: