Saturday, September 4, 2010

Flipped


I recently had a chance to check out Rob Reiner's latest movie Flipped.  The movie is based on Wendelin Van Draanen's book of the same name.  It follows two kids, Julie and Bryce, as they navigate the ups and downs of first love. 

Overall I found the movie quite enjoyable.  The ending was fairly predictable (I've never read the book), but as with most good movies, it's not so much the ending as the journey toward the ending that makes the movie worthwhile.  I particularly liked how the audience was given the chance to view events in the movie from each of the main characters' points of view.  This element not only added more depth to the film, but also made for some humorous (and sometimes scarily true to life) points in the movie.  While the middle seemed to drag a bit and at times seemed a bit repetitive overall I liked this film.  If  you like Reiner's past films, or are looking for some nostalgic romantic dramedy I highly recommend seeing Flipped.

No comments: