Thursday, April 17, 2008

Because my little ADD mind can't take it

ADD sucks, no matter how you put it...but around finals time it royally sucks. Everything becomes a major distraction and lack of sleep or the appeal of the light at the end of tunnel (which is sooo close) aka the end of classes has basically halted my chances of studying for the evening. Its frustrating because I always go into finals with the greatest intentions of studying and actually trying really hard. Inevitably I end up throwing caution to the wind and cram about three hours before each test. I understand this is quite normal for the average college student...but image it ten fold and that's kinda how I feel without meds. Luckily the new drugs seem to be working pretty well...but its still a struggle to read and write long passages. I however refuse to go on a higher dose. At one low point I actually considered getting an ADHD coach, which I have refused therapy and the like for this disorder for so long mainly due to the fact that I think its a crock of shit...slowly I am coming to the realization that I need to figure a way to function off of meds as I don't think they are the best option for me in the long run. But this is mainly a battle for me in the long run as my immediate attention must be paid toward my final tomorrow at 1. Oh well here are some rather distracting videos for your enjoyment...










No comments: