Tuesday, April 22, 2008

OMG


So I just needed to quickly blog about last nights Gossip Girl episode. After weeks of diligant waiting I was rewarded with all the catty drama that one hopes for from this show. If you haven't already started watching this show I highly reccomend it. It fulfills that space in my viewing pleasure where the OC and the old One Tree Hill Episodes used to be. I am absolutely smitten with the "bad boy" of the group, Chuck played by Ed Westwick. There is something about the smarmy, righteous attitude about the character he portrays. To add to it, in real life Westwick happens to be Britsh (fantastic accent!) and be the lead singer in a band called The Filthy Youth (http://www.thefilthyyouth.com/, also check out their myspace page). A cute actor who plays a bad boy, with a British accent and sings in a band...definitely worth a new actor crush for me. That isn't all that's too like about the show though...the plots are juicy and there are constantly evolving character's. Just when you think you know who these characters are, the writer's show you something else about them and thus bring even more depth. No character is too archetypal, which is what I think drew me into the show. Well enough shameless promotion of one of my favorite new shows...just check it out (on itunes or on http://www.cwtv.com/)

No comments: