Monday, April 28, 2008

Things I want to do!!!! (or have done)

Upon reading the newest Improper Bostonian there are a few things that I extracted out of their newly re-vamped (and I love it by the way!) magazine of interest to me. As I will have a bit more leisure time during the summer months here are a few of my favorites:
  • Go visit the restaurant MKT - located in the financial district, this restaurant describes itself as having an Urban American menu. I wont lie my main interest in this restaurant comes from the fact that the chef rene michelena has a name similar to my middle name (michalina). Either way I hop
  • e to check it out soon: www.mktboston.com
  • http://www.hungry-girl.com/ - this website focuses on the every day girl and cooking to increase a healthy lifestyle through minimal changes in the way one eats. Full of tips and recipes this website has been causing buzz for quite some time. And now the author of the website will be vising Borders Downtown Crossing on May 1st to offer advice and recipes in person. Check it out on her website!
  • When the air is not quite hot but not quite crisp Boston tends to get a bit lazy about the places we do or things we try. Therefore here is the perfect excuse to do/learn something new: Common Boston 2008. Take free private tours of a lot of cool places in Boston as well as listen to some interesting seminars check them out at www.bostoncommon.org

So here are somethings I am in the pursuit to do....

  • Jack Johnson concert - 8/6 at the Tweeter Center....though I only have lawn tickets I absolutely adore the chill attitude of his newest album "Seep Through the Static"
  • Kooza Cirque de Soleil - Boston - in September - I am thrilled to see this (late mother's day gift) needless to say the show promises to be fantastic and after seeing their previous show in Orlan I expect nothing less check it out at www.cirquedusoleil.com

Needless to say I hope this summer will be one of trying a lot of new things that I wouldn't have necessarily done before. I don't like just being confined to what is safe or even acceptable I want to learn/grow/ and experience lots of new things and I hope I accomplish this. So everyone once in a while I will blog abut new places I've eatten or things I've seen/done. I will of course include my anecdotes about Boston and pop culture infused between my blogs on trying to self improve but there will hopefully be a bit more of a linear goal for this blog over the next few summer months.

No comments: