Monday, August 10, 2009

Movie List

So there are a number of films that are going to be released later this year that are slowly making their way onto my list of movies to see. While I am still chipping away at my list from this summer, here are a few films that I am hoping to see in theatres this year:


New York, I Love You
I remember when I first heard about Paris je t'aime (Paris, I Love You). The concept was inventive - a movie composed of short films showcasing Paris. I enjoyed watching the film so I was a bit concerned when I heard that they were transferring the concept to a different city...New York. Now I suppose if you were to pick another big city to try to replicate a similar movie, New York would definitely be on that list. Perhaps I am just a little cynical as to the number of big names attached to this film, as opposed to the Paris one. Either way I will most likely check out this film when it comes out in theatres on October 16.

Here's the newest trailer for the film, featuring Phoenix's 1901:



The Lovely Bones
Here is another film based upon a novel that I have been intending to read for quite some time. Alice Sebold's book will be brought to the big screen later on this year. I will admit that what first caught my eye about this film was that it was directed by Peter Jackson (aka the director behind The Lord of the Rings films). That being said after watching the trailer for the film - not only am I hooked, but another book has also been added to my 'Must Read' list.




It's Complicated
I love Meryl Streep - her acting is superb, her choices of movies are usually fantastic, and at the age of 60 she looks amazing. Needless to say her next film "It's Complicated" looks like it'll satisfy both for a good laugh along with an actual plot line.

Here's the trailer:

No comments: