Monday, August 31, 2009

Bourgeois Pig


I had only been in Chicago a few days when I knew I needed to eat something other than microwavable meals. Being new to the area I relied on the advise of a food critic much wiser than myself...Rachael Ray. Apparently Ms. Ray had visited Chicago for her Food Network show Tasty Travels. One of the places she visited was the Bourgeois Pig.


This cafe is located right near DePaul University, but don't let that fool you. Its not your typical Starbuck's knockoff. The menu offers such sandwich selections as 'The Sun Also Rises' and 'The Secret Garden.' If the selection of sandwiches, salads, deserts, and drinks doesn't impress you then the atmosphere will. Unpretentious, this restaurant feels more like a warm and inviting house.


Ms. Ray was definitely on to something when she visited this cafe in her travels. Check it out at: http://www.bpigcafe.com/

No comments: