Monday, July 13, 2009

Push


Another Redbox choice: Push


The movie is focused on a group of individuals who are gifted with psychic abilities. These individuals are constantly hunted by a government agency known as the Division. The Division hopes to use a drug to enhance these psychic gifts and use them as weapons. The only problem with the drug...it kills the people who are injected with it. That is until it is injected into Kira (Camilla Bell) - a Pusher or individual who can insert or push certain thoughts or memories into others - who then promptly escapes from Division. The story heavily focuses on Kira's former lover Nick Gant (Chris Evans) - a Mover or individual who has the ability to move objects- who is trying to protect Kira, as well as try to bring down Division with the help of Cassie Holmes (Dakota Fanning) - a Watcher or individual who has the ability to see visions of the future.


I had been skeptical at first of seeing this movie when it had originally been in theatres, but figured that I had nothing to lose for $1 out of the Redbox. I really enjoyed the film. The entire story took place in Hong Kong, which I felt added to the feel of the film. The story wasn't too complicated and I found myself wishing there was more when the film ended, as the ending felt somewhat incomplete (i.e. the inevitable open ending for a possible sequel). The acting was a bit choppy - Dakota Fanning in particular. Overall I felt my $1 was well spent for almost 2 hours of quality entertainment.

No comments: