Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Odd...

In general I find myself drawn to odd and unusual things. I am not quite sure if it is my upbrining (as my mother is somewhat the same way) or my fascination with things that are considered "weird," as I was always (and continue to be) called that. But as I sit here at two in the morning after having read a mini-biography on the playwrite/director/actor Antonin Artaud (who is by far one of the weirdest writers I have ever read - if you don't believe me try reading Spurt of Blood-) I thought I would mention another thing that has registered on my list of pretty odd stuff:

Coming across a blog post on writer Neil Gaiman's site I noticed he mentioned a type of coffee I had never head of called kopi luwak. Being somewhat interested in the consumption of different drinks (my last being the legalization of absinthe in America) I decided to look it up. Apparently this coffee has been processed by going through the digestive system of an animal and then is collected afterward for consumption in the form of a nice brew. Don't believe me? Check it out on www.animalcoffee.com I kid you not. That being said I will resume back to reading about Artaud before crashing in a state of absolute bliss to reruns of Grey's Anatomy...here is to wishing you all a night as equally ordinary as weird.

~The only people for me are the mad ones- Jack Kerouac

No comments: