Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stressed!!!

End of the semester usually just means one thing: stress! As I sit here typing I am strongly reminded that I should by writing my 6 page paper for my Theatre class (yes I'm in a theatre class!). Needless to say I just had to write a few things that were catching my eye online, in print, on TV, and life in general

  • Bravo TV: The station that brough us Project Runway has caught my attention again for bringing addictive reality TV right to my living room. I suppose the appeal happend when the writers strike took place and I was forced to drift beyond my average 10 channel range to find something new...and boy am I glad I did. I absolutely adore The Real Housewives of New York City. There is something about watching rich society women be catty over seemingly trivial matters that has me hooked. Also on my radar is Millionaire Matchmaker where TV crews chronicle this match making service speficially for millionaires. Its a guilt pleasure but exactly what I need on some days check them out at www.bravotv.com
  • Most people who know me know I absolutely adore jewerly needless to say I absolutely adore Disney Couture and am desperately coveting a bracelet that Kidada Jones designed or the line. Check it out at www.karmaloop.com Its the Tinkerbell suede wrap bracelet. You can take the girl out of Disney but you can't take the Disney out of the girl!
  • Spring is upon us so I find myself looking for a new fragrance to lighten up the mood. The one on my radar is Burberry's The Beat. I admit I was initally drawn by the use of one of my fav models Agyness Deyn as the model for the new fragrance but upon my first sniff I was instantly drawn. I had not been the biggest fan of the other Burberry fragrances, but this one is light and fun perfect for Spring '08. Check it out at www.burberry.com or www.sephora.com

Well needless to say I should be getting back to atually doing work but I thought I'd end this post by sounding off with Mariah Carey's video "Touch my Body." I have heard all the arguements about this girl and her seemingly idealic vision of world. That's she's a grown woman who continues to live in a fantasy world filled with butterflies and Hello Kitty. But you can't deny her musical talent or drive. I picked up the April issue of Allure and found myself face to face with the woman whose CDs I had on constant rotation as an adolescent. I hope everyone has had a great weekend and a great start to the new month!


No comments: