Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Myspace Comments - Fathers Day Salute




They don't make Father's day cards for people like me. I hear the same arguements every year...why even bother getting him one? To that I argue that he is still my father, regardless of lack of contact, and thus he gets a card plain and simple. I wish they made cards for the absentee father...just so it would be easier for people like me. I go down the aisle and find "To the #1 Dad" or "Your the Best Dad in the World." My father is far from either of those statements. They don't make cards that read "For the dad who was only sometimes there and really shouldn't get a card, but its a holiday so why not." So instead I settle for the $1 cards, you know the ones with only 1 line reading "Happy Father's Day." So here is my father's day rant, may all those kids with absentee fathers celebrate...celebrate that sometimes sending only the $1 card is best alternative to actually having that man in our lives. To those with fathers or great fathers themselves: Happy Father's Day!

No comments: