Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scary Kids Movies

Nothing excites me more than going onto www.imdb.com and checking out the board posts. Recently I was checking out what people had written about the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" I laughed when I saw how many posts there were from people who were scared of the evil character in the movie, Judge Doom. I laughed mainly because I distinctly remember being ridicously scared of the character as a child and am pleased I wasn't the only one to be freaked about by the maniacle toon played by Christopher Lloyd.

Another childhood movie that continues to haunt my adult life is "Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland." This "kid-friendly" film focuses on a boy who gets trapped in his dreams and then eventually in the Land of Nightmares. While I had originally gone through life thinking I was the only one who had seen this movie, let alone been scared shitless after seeing it that I would get stuck in my deams I went on the IMDB board and found that every other post was by a person was traumatized as a child by this movie. The movie is a bit hard to get and the only reason I watched it was because my grandmother had found it randomly at a store and thought it would be appropriate for children, so I don't know how readily available it is now.

Either way I am sure there are plently of other movies that children have joint fear associated with. I just find it funny that as adults we are able to reminice about the movies that scared the crap out of us.

Here is a clip of the more adult-friendly than kid-friendly movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and the clip that seriously haunted by nightmares for a good portion of my young childhood, enjoy:



No comments: