Monday, June 9, 2008

I miss these kinds of movies...

When I was younger I used to love watching the Old Western movies that my grandparents had stashed by their TV. There was something about watching men who were men riding after the women they loved. Rugged, dirty...there was something about those western movies that I just couldn'thelp but love. Its been awhile since I've seen a good movie similar to those that I loved as a child but Baz Luhrmann's new movie Australia may just do it. Set around WWII this story follows Lady Sarah Ashley (Nicole Kidman) who has inherited a ranch in Austrlia. When her ranch is in danger she is forced to move her cattle across the country with the help of a rugged stock-man played by Hugh Jackman. (www.imdb.com) Needless to say I'm hooked. I absolutely love Lurhmann's previous movies (Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet) and the trailer for this movie gave me goosebumps. While not really considered a Western (as it takes place in Australia), it still has that rugged, handsome cowboy who doesn't mind helping out the lady...its definitely on my must see list!


No comments: