Thursday, June 26, 2008

Seriously?!

So I happend across today's Boston Globe and right there in the Style section is a large front page story on the apparent argument that is going on with Red Sox fans. And what is the arguement you ask? It must be big as it made the front page of a section of the Boston Globe, brace yourselves: pink Red Sox hats. Yeah seriously. Apparently some fans are mad at those individuals who wear the pink hats as they seem to symbolize the bandwagon affect that has happend in Red Sox fandom over the past few years. This is due somehow to the fact that those true fans who have stuck it out over the crappy years only wear the traditional colored hats and therefore are only true fans. One man goes so far as to say that those fans who wear the pink hats should not be allowed in Fenway Park! Needless to say I counter with the fact that those buyers of pink hats happen to be mainly women and sometimes we women need a bit of pink. I myself have watched the Red Sox since I have been three, and if I choose to wear a pink hat (which I do own!) then I have every right to as a fan. Heres the link to the article, needless to say I was intrigued:
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/fashion/articles/2008/06/26/why_is_this_pink_hat_so_hated/

No comments: