Monday, June 29, 2009

I Hate Mondays...


Or more importantly I hate days that start off with this phrase: Please don't throw up. Please don't throw up. Please don't throw up...


That is how my Monday started. After 3 1/2 days of not sleeping, 4 shifts (1 turn around), and completely demolishing my back I finally reached my breaking point. With over 10 more days to go until physical therapy starts my day off started out with a bang. As I proceeded to sleeply try to do the least I had written on my "To Do" List, while also simultaneously trying not to be sick I realized that eventually I have to start taking better care of myself. My only day off turning into a complete nightmare I then decided to correct the situation by a carefully crafted secrete of mine...shopping.


By shopping I mean agonizingly trying to make it to the Walgreens down the street. It was then I realized just how cursed my day was. For not only was it my day off and a day of excruciating pain, but it was also sunny outside. Yes folks after days of soul drenching rain it was finally sunny and nice outside. I'm sure those individuals working also cursed as they stared out their windows at just how nice today was. Me? I cursed and then shuffled down to the pharmacy where (in an attempt to make myself feel better) proceeded to purchase $40 worth of makeup and beauty supplies. Kodak moment of the day: me viewing the total for how much "cheap" makeup I had purchased.


So in the effort to be held accountable in this time of cutting back here is the breakdown:



  • 1 curling iron (to be fair this was on sale for $4.99)

  • Two packages of hair clips (they keep breaking on me)

  • Milani nail polish (okay I could have done without this)

  • Burt's Bees body wash (I also could have done without this purchase...)

  • Revlon Beyond Natural Cream to Powder Eye Shadow

  • Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit

  • InColor Liquid Eye Liner

Best purchase of the day: Spending $12 to get advanced tickets for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.


Feeling at the end of day...priceless (with full realization that working tomorrow for these purchases may change that feeling).

No comments: