Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mental


So judging by the title of this post you would think this would be related to the fact that I have been semi-house bound for the past 4 days straight now, but in reality it's about my newest TV addiction - Mental on Fox. The show focuses on an unconventional psychiatric doctor (played by the absolutely yummy Chris Vance) who deals with solving "mysteries" involving mental conditions. Think of it like House except only with mental disorders.


I must admit part of the reason I enjoy the show so much is because it deals with psychiatric issues in a dramatic television setting - not something one normally sees. The show is more than a bit House reminiscent (before all the complicated character change over) with its mystery diagnosis and unconventional doctoring methods. But I do enjoy how the show attempts to portray mental illness as seen by the patient. I'm not saying its the most realistic portrayal of psychiatric care out there - but its definitely worth taking a peek at.


Mental is on Tuesday on the Fox network.

No comments: