Sunday, May 4, 2008

Almost time again...

In two days I will yet again face large mounds of homework/classes/discussion in my pursuit of a B.S. degree in psychology. And while this event looms in the back of my mind I am calmly reminded that I still have a good 48 hours before I must once again sit in a classroom. That being said tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo (or the fifth of May for those who don't speak Spanish). This day celebrates Mexico's defeat of French forces during The Battle of Puebla. (thank you www.wikipedia.com!) In America it is usually celebrated as a reason to get drunk on Tequila and eat burritos. Here are a few celebrations tomorrow that due to an untimely need to go to work...I will be unable to attend:

  • Excelsior on Boylston street is having a Cinco de Mayo party including $5 margaritas! (http://www.excelsiorrestaurant.com/home/)
  • Tavern on the water has a Jalapeno eating contest (http://www.tavernonthewater.com/)
  • And while its not strictly for the holiday a new restaurant in the Back Bay area opens up...The Daily Grill (www.dailygrill.com). I am excited as it apparently takes up the space once occupied by Applebee's in the Prudential Center, thus providing me with ample chain store food at a reasonable price within a great shopping complex. Can't wait to try this place out!

Well I hope everyone has a happy Cinco de Mayo and a great start to their week!


Myspace Comments - Cinco de Mayo

No comments: