Thursday, May 22, 2008

Awww... <3


So Grey's Anatomy's season finale tonight reminds me of why I loved this show in the first place. The ending (and if you haven't seen it don't let me spoil it for you) will be replayed over and over again once it is made available on either youtube or itunes as it was absolutely perfect. Me and my roommate would have been ridiculously upset had the season ended with Derrick and Meredith not together and the way they got together....well you can read the title of this post. With so much love in the air right now its hard not to get caught up in it all.


That being said there is something for being a single gal.... After Sex and the City ended (with all the lead characters with a male character) I found that my TV had turned into couple city. What happened to all my happily single girls on TV. Those confident, education, independent women who didn't need men to be complete or happy. Would TV shows just tank if these women became the norm. Women in my generation mock our mothers and grandmothers who love to follow the endless plots of soap operas while secretly watching our own version of the late night ones. We tell ourselves they are more realistic and educated. We tell ourselves that they aren't like the sappy shows that come on during the day when people who stay home watch TV. But in all honesty they are simply the same kind of show just late at night. Now don't doubt me...I love my Grey's and the end where she sets up their future house in candles was enough to cry at in tears of pure joy. Why is living vicariously through TV shows the ultimate of women's guilty pleasures. Is it because we know the men will never disappoint us, that they will always go back to the women they are "suppose" to be with and in such over the top proportions that will never be recreated in real life. Is it a great escape for us, to live the pain, love and triumph through these people...I'm not sure yet, but I do know that I am on the edge of my seat till the next season of Grey's.




No comments: