Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Boston Public Library

Following a brief stint where I once again was without glasses aka practically blind in Boston, after a crack across my lense left seeing too difficult I explored the Boston Public Library(BPL). Granted I have been to the BPL prior to this for books or research purposes but never to the McKimm building (the museum like side). Needless to say this visit was somewhat fuzzy as it was without glasses while I waited for Lenscrafter to fix mine, but it still was definitely a sight.

I wandered across one of the most beautiful courtyards I have ever seen! I do not know why I have never ventured across this area before, but it was definitely nice to sit in the sunny courtyard and eat my brownie (bought at the cafe in the library...who knew?!) I then wandered through some of the most fascinating exhibits full of art and historic books. This was all lined by beautiful stone statues that added to the historical feel of the BPL. I finished the trip by wandering amongst the rare books and manuscript section with its airtight seals.

Needless to say I was absolutely floored by this place and amazed I haven't ever really seen it before. I will definitely be back again...with glasses!

Boston Public Library
Central
700 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
617-536-5400
Monday-Thursday: 9-9
Friday-Saturday: 9-5
www.bpl.org

No comments: