Wednesday, April 8, 2009

American Idol

So I wont lie, I am not the biggest fan of reality TV mainly do to my detest of awkward TV moments. Needless to say my roommate has roped me into watching this seasons American Idol and I have my favorite (*drum roll please)...Adam Lambert.

Not only is his voice incredible, but he is incredibly versatile. Easily going through each weeks themes while still remaining true to his general style. I think what really caught me was Motown week when he performed The Tracks of My Tears (Smokey Robinson). Needless to say I was blown away. And yet again last night he continued to wow with the cover of Tears for Fear's Mad World. Granted he covered the Michael Andrews and Gary Jules version of the song - you might have heard this haunting version in such memorable movies as Donnie Darko. Either way his performance was enough to wow Simon who uncharacteristically just stood up and gave him a standing ovation.

Here's a video of the performance - the look on Simon's face is priceless!


No comments: