Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lineage

I have recently re-discovered how much I love Coolidge Corner! As the weather has been so kooky lately I have been a lot more content to snuggle up and watch reruns of the OC. I did manage however to get out to a restaurant I hadn't tried before called Lineage

Lineage
Located right on Harvard Ave this restaurant was the perfect blend of a more refined taste while also not feeling that uptight. I managed to get out there on a Saturday night and was glad we made reservations as the place filled up quite rapidly. According to their website their menu changes daily according to what is in season. I had the Yukon Gold Potato Gnocchi. Absolutely wonderful, the flavors complimented themselves quite well. To drink I had a clementine mojito and was extremely surprised by how refreshing it was. There was no drink mix here - all fresh and full of alcohol. For dessert the pot o'creme hit the spot just right.

Overall, I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was fresh and not to filling. The prices were a bit high, but given the quality of the food it was within reason. The atmosphere was a bit more chaotic than I would have thought for an intimate dinner, but just right for perhaps a work meeting or a group of friends. I recommend making dinner reservations if its during peak hours. This is definitely worth checking out

Lineage
242 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02446
1-617-232-0065
Hours, menus, parking, directions, and reservations online at: www.lineagerestaurant.com

No comments: