Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dinning Out


Restaurant shows have ruined my ability to eat out! Recently I have taken to watching shows such as Last Restaurant Standing and Hell's Kitchen. While I love watching them I realized there is a darker side to watching restaurant shows...


I just went to a restaurant that up until recently I would have given a terrific review in my book and not thought twice about it. But this time when asked what I thought about dinning there my response was somewhat different: Good food for the price, but I felt the menu was a bit lacking. Particularly in the pasta section. Rather then focusing on a certain area the food choices felt a bit chaotic, like they spread themselves too thin.


Now keep in my I am no gourmet chef, I can barely cook pasta, and I usually eat out at chain restaurants or places where you get a ticket to pick up your meal. So when that came out of my mouth needless to say I am shocked. Hopefully this effect of restaurant TV is only temporary and I can once again go back to enjoying my food in peace

No comments: